Let’s face it; those lovely buffet restaurants are very tempting. Especially the Chinese buffets. So, how can one go to a buffet and have control at the same time. Since we have to watch what we eat. In the journal Obesity, they reported that a person’s eating and sitting behaviors at a buffet might influence their weight. When I read that, I automatically said, “Duh!” But then I thought about the message behind the statement. They are basically saying that monitoring the actions that we take at the buffets can help us avoid overeating. Therefore, I would like to provide six simple actions that you can take when at the buffets to help yourself from overeating.
1. Grab a Salad Plate instead of the plate provided – It is suggested that using a smaller plate with the buffet gives the illusion of more food than what you actually have, thus you end up eating less. Heavy individuals are more likely to choose the largest dish available, according to a study done by Obesity.
3. Try to sit where you’re not looking at the food – Two thoughts run through our heads. The first is that you want to get what you paid for and the second is FOOD! Therefore, if you are seating in a position that has you looking at the buffet while eating, you tend to get more tempted to refill the plate plus your little devil on the shoulder helps with convincing you by reminding you that you need to get what you paid for.
4. Take a Lap – When I first read about this, I started laughing. But, according to a study that was done by Obesity, walking around the buffet table and looking at the food first keeps you from over-eating. No wonder why all those thin people take a lap around the buffet first before serving themselves.
5. Watch what you drink – I am not going to write and lecture anybody about the dangers of soda, because we already know, but there may be some facts that you may not realize: See, a cup of sweet tea is only slightly better than soda. Every glass that is drunk with dinner adds about 120 calories on top of the calories in your meal, and juice is just about the same. According to a study from the University of North Carolina, flavored drinks add 450 calories to our daily diet. Think about that, it’s basically an extra 47 pounds of body mass that you have to burn off (or not) each year. Think about drinking more water, it has the opposite effect: The more you drink, the more you shrink. Choose accordingly.
6. Engage in Conversation – According to dietitian and nutritionist Cara Stewart, It takes your stomach about 20 minutes to tell you that you’re full. Therefore, when you’re at the buffet you need to eat slowly to avoid yourself form overeating. In order for that to not be so hard, just set your fork down every now and again and engage in the table conversation. If there isn’t one going on, then start one.
Visit www.masoba.myriofit.com, and make sure you explore our catalog of what many are finding out to be the best weight loss products on earth. With products such as Max, Limitless, Aware, X1 Alpha and our Meal Replacement Shakes, Riofit aims to help create a healthier community. Don’t just be fit! Be Riofit!