According to a recent an article released by the CNN Health. The direct and indirect cost of obesity “is as high as $147 billion – YES BILLION a year to deal with obesity, suggesting that obesity has become an epidemic affecting not only the adult population, but about 1/3 of the children in the nation.According to an article that was written by the Associate Press, the New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli says that expenditures, for their state, are caused by 1.4 million overweight and obese children which account for $327 million spent in 2011. The costs rise significantly as they get older. Dinapoli said the responsibility of combating obesity falls on the parents, schools, and community groups. Government officials agree that they must help to address this rather costly problem to avoid future costs. BUT HOW ?
According to the 2011 estimate over $4.3 billion has been spent on obesity related treatment that include conditions such as diabetes, and heart disease according to the data private health insurers and Medicare paid an estimated $7.5 billion.
Thank Goodness It’s Friday is what is on everybody’s mind today. It could be also due to the fact that it is pretty much everyone’s favorite day of the week – that is, unless we’re talking about Saturday. As Friday afternoon draws nearer, everyone starts to consider how they can make this weekend an outstanding one.
For many, weekends can be the biggest temptation known to mankind. These are the times we dread especially if we are maintaining diets – especially if the workweek gives us a better structure than the weekend does.
If eating junk food is a problem over the weekend, you can decrease cravings by adding some structure to your weekends as well. Try something that includes physical activity – a scheduled walk around the neighborhood with your family, taking a yoga class, joining a volleyball league, or even walking around the mall. Be careful if you choose the mall route though – the cookie or ice cream stands can be a serious temptation, and giving yourself a “reward” after your walk could set back you’re eating.
If your family tends to go out to dinner on Friday or Saturday nights, you don’t necessarily have to avoid the temptation of going. Get out with the family while the getting is good, and order one of the lower-calorie, better-for-you choices on the menu. If your family tends to go somewhere with heavier choices, speak up! You can do a ton for your health by asking you family to support your diet.
Weekends don’t have to be a make or break for you. The important thing is to get an idea of how you might “cheat” over the weekend, and curtail that behavior if possible.
It is said the technology has enable social interaction and created new communities. It is my opinion that since technology has made interaction with people all over the world easier, many people have become involved in an abundant number of relationships through technology; but sometimes the quantity of these associations leaves people feeling somewhat empty. Social media has really had a big hand in shaping technology.
Think about your smart phone, if you have one. If not, ask someone near you if you could look at theirs. A smart phone nowadays provides many features. Such features would be a great megapixel camera and an HD video camera. Recently, I attended my daughter’s high school graduation and I could literally count the number of people around me that were using a hand held camera. Everyone else was using their smart phone device or tablet.
Another feature the smart phone provides is the overwhelming access to thousands of applications. With a click of button, I can literally post a status update to all my social media feeds. I can provide picture updates to all of my followers with a one step process. Social media really had a big hand in shaping how we use our phone.
As a business owner, I love how social media has really taken technology by the hand and guided it towards my way. I am able to post to craigslist, EBay, twitter, Facebook and turn around and write a blog all with my smart phone or tablet. Technology really has shaped how social interaction now functions. What do you think?
I am going to talk about attitudes and how they influence consumer purchasing. In order to properly discuss this, I am going to identify a product I had to buy because I had no choice but to make the purchase. I honestly think that this is kind of silly.
Everybody has a choice in their purchasing decisions unless a gun is literally being held to their head. Yet, sometimes I do buy products just to shut my wife up. It may sound funny, but it is the truth. Recently, I was bothered into purchasing myself a new cell phone.
Granted my renewal was ready and I did get the phone at a fantastic price, but nonetheless I was not excited about the purchase. I grinded my teeth at the idea that because of this upgrade I was going to have a nice high bill the following month. I argued with my wife that my phone was still in great condition. Sure it would restart itself 10-15 times a day making it impossible for me to conduct business with it, but I liked that phone. Her pleading with me and constant nagging is what finally got me to look at another phone. Honesty, now I am happy with my new phone and I like it but at that time my attitude was not very pleasant. Even the sales rep knew that I was not pleased with the purchase and he tried to get me out of there as quickly as possible. Looking back at this is very interesting.
I remember purchasing something that I really did want. My attitude was completely different. When I wanted to get another tattoo, I was like a little kid in the candy store. I was all excited about the purchase and pleased with the outcome. Don’t get me wrong, I am pleased now with my new phone; but, at the moment of purchase I had nothing but negative things to say about the new phone. Interesting thing about attitudes.
The idea of losing weight could feel like a full time job. Some people count calories, follow a strict diet while others just simply try to have fun with burning off the calories. It is recommended that we should watch what we eat, but I honestly think that watching how much of what we eat is just as important.
Let’s be honest with each other. Many of us plan to follow a diet of some sort, but fail because we become restricted to what we can and cannot eat. Now losing weight can be fun especially with Customized Fat Loss! Customized Fat Loss is a professional, truly customized approach to nutrition. CFL is breakthrough nutritional software that when combined with exercise, torches fat in record time while preserving your lean muscle. It is designed to explode you through your fat loss plateau and have you turning heads 365 days a year!
OK! For those who hate the treadmill, guess what? I certainly don’t count running on a 30 degree incline at the 3.5 mph for 45 minutes as being a “fun” activity, in fact there are plenty of other activities you can do in your day that help you burn up to 200 calories. YES! 200 calories, one more time guys, 200 calories! Think I’m kidding? Read on and imagine the transformation you are setting your body up by teaming these activities with CFL. The results are bound to be phenomenal, and you don’t have to take my word for it, see for yourself.
Lose Weight: How to Burn 200 Calories
- Give your love buddy an end-of-the-day massage for 42 minutes and you’ll burn around 200 calories. We do suggest however that you mandate reciprocity. Yeah you are benefiting from the calorie burn – but you also want those “ahhh” moments.
- Go grocery shopping – Buy groceries sounds counter intuitive right? Well there is a reward for all that eye feasting as you navigate your shopping cart down the aisles of temptation – The reward is a cool 115 calories, I’m not done yet … they still need to be loaded in the car, unloaded and put away. 200 Calories easy!
- Get your vocal chords ready for the next audition of America’s Got Talent – An hour of singing which can easily be done on your commute to work can help you burn up to 136 calories. What’s more? Laughing along with your early morning show host zaps 67 more calories.
- Get a game of Scrabble: build some brain power while burning off a cool 200 calories. Seem impossible? Our brains burn on Avg. 300 calories a day. Thinking can also add 50 more calories to that mix. Seem odd? Check Out this article – How many calories does our brain burn
- Like gardening? Good for you! I’m not a big fan, especially when my wife gets in the mood and buys new plants, trees and stuff. Guess who has to dig those holes? Anyways… Make your yard happy by uprooting those pesky weeds for 25 minutes (127 calories) and planting some new seedlings (77 calories for 15 minutes). Your yard will thank you, and so will your scale.
- This one my wife loves! Stay Slim by hitting the dressing room! – Yup for every outfit you try on you burn about 11 calories – lug around the mall with a bag of clothes, shoes, and whatever else you can dream, and that number skyrockets.
- Wash your car – Yup 45 minutes of rub-a-dub and wax on wax off, not only provides for the cleanest ride in your community but possibly the smallest waist. And no ladies, it does not count having some hot dude with his shirt off washing the car for you. Vice-versa for us guys!
- Fidget – Have you been blessed with being fidgety – you know, tapping your shoes all day, seemingly nervous? Well research shows that fidgetters burn on average over 350 more calories than the non fidgety variety. So tap your shoes and make way for the next broadway musical because those tapping toes will definitely lead to a slimmer you!
- Get some sleep – Who doesn’t like their beauty rest? (Where’s the like button for that) but the truth is a 160-pound person can burn 69 calories for each hour during sleep. Simple math tells us 69 * 8 = 552 calories, assuming you get a solid 8 hours of sleep in, and if you currently do not, now is probably the time to start. I guess that’s why they call it beauty sleep, huh? After all just sleeping 8 hours for 10 days burns about 5,520 calories or about a pound and a half (3,500 calories in a pound)
- Have Sex! – This is the best calorie burning activity ever, in my opinion. Sex burns about 300 calories an hour, depending on the weight of the person. 300 calories is the average for 150 lbs person. Here’s a chart with everything on it:
http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cb… Make sure you enter your weight at the top.
Well that’s it guys, sleep tight, wiggle a little more, march down to your local market, and give a message, add this up with CFL and nothing can stop you from achieving the weight of your dreams.
According to the National Library of Medicine, arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. A joint is the area where two bones meet, but did you know that arthritis is more than just achy joints? The Arthritis Foundation states that arthritis is an inflammatory disorder that consists of over 100 different diseases, affecting people of all ages, including children. Just like many other diseases, one might suffer from stiffness, swelling, joint pain and limited movement. This can be associated with arthritis because of the inflammation. I have noticed that there are many different over-the-counter medicines and prescriptions that an individual can purchase. These medications will help alleviate the pain and suffering from arthritis, but what do you think they are doing to your stomach lining? I would like to suggest lifestyle changes that anyone can make that will help alleviate the pain and suffering from arthritis.
- Do plenty of exercises such as walking, swimming, bike riding (if you have balance problems consider using a stationary bike), yoga and something that I enjoy doing some form of martial arts.
- Get plenty of rest. If your joints are aching relax. Let them rest.
- Lose weight.
- Do physical therapy. Consult with your doctor regarding this.
- Lower your stress levels. Stress is something that all of us have to deal with, but if you can reduce it, that will help extend your life and reduce the inflammation of your joints.
Even though there are many forms of arthritis and they are long-term and cannot be cured, it does not mean that it cannot be managed.
The body is an amazing piece of machinery, it’s complexity tends to leave us perplexed and curious. When it comes to dieting we become even more dumbfound as to where we begin. Education and understanding is usually a good first step. When we use the word fat, it is usually not in a good way. Dieters hate the word “fat”, overweight individuals hate the word “fat”, as do bodybuilders, models, and athletes. Fat has gotten such a bad rap, so we decided to create a fact sheet about fat, and let you decide if “fat” is a friend or foe.
Remember when the goal is to lose weight you need to consume less calories than you burn, also look at the nutrition label and see how many calories are derived from fat. Keep your daily fat intake at less than 41 grams per day – Yes we hate the word fat, but we need it. Moderation is key, eating smart is key. For instance a Burger King Whopper contains 40 grams of fat. An average serving of chicken breast weighs in at about 6 ounces and has about 4.4 grams of fat.
- An average, size 10, slim female carries approximately 100,000 calories of fat on her body. One pound of fat is equal to about 3,500 calories, this would mean that the average woman carries about 28.5 lbs of fat on her body. That’s equal to 54 packs of butter in total but before you get too depressed, it’s also enough to fuel the energy required to shop for 86 days!
- Thinking can make you fat! Brand new research, conducted at Laval University in Canada has shown that although thinking hard and concentrating doesn’t require any extra calories, it does stimulate the body to feel hungrier. So much so in fact that volunteers of the study that were asked to carry out mentally challenging tasks went on to eat 253 more calories (almost 30% more) in just one meal than those that were told to daydream.
- Most people gain an average of just 1g of extra body fat a day – but before you reach for that second slice of cake consider this… 1 gram a day equals 365 grams of extra body fat a year. 365 grams of extra body fat over 25 years can add up to an additional 20 lbs in fat.
- The average person carries over 50 Billion fat cells, or roughly 8 times more fat cells than there are people on this earth. (est 6 Billion)
- Fat cells do not increase in number after puberty. However, fat cells can grow up to 10 times it’s normal size. When you gain or lose weight you are not increasing/decreasing the number of fat cells, rather you are inflating or deflating the size of the cells you currently have.
- Fat cells exist in all parts of the body except the eyelids, parts of the esophagus, the brain and the penis.
- Female breasts are composed almost entirely of fat.
- Spot reduction, is a myth. Situps will not make your tummy slimmer, it will only build muscle under the layer of fat that exists. Use calorie restrictions. Our 30-Day Challenge includes our great tasting meal replacement shake that is only 100 calories, our fat burning supplement Max, and our antioxidant hunger suppressant Limitless, everything you need to lose weight and feel great! Add some sort of cardio to the mix and you should have the 6 pack of your dreams in no time.
- 1 pound of body fat is equal to 3,500 calories. To burn off 3,500 calories the average woman would need to do 6 step classes, walk briskly for almost 9 hours or run for 33 miles. But don’t let this scare you. The body will burn on average 60 calories an hour while sleeping. To eat 3,500 calories she’d need to chomp through almost 50 apples or just (3) 8 ounce bags of extruded cheese based puffs with each bag containing 1269 calories.
- At 9 calories per gram, fat is the most calorific nutrient we can eat. Alcohol contains 7 Kcals per gram. Protein and carbohydrate contain approximately 4 Kcals per gram.
- The places you predominantly store fat and the places you lose it from first are largely determined by your gender (women tend to store it around their hips, bottom and thighs, men around their abdomen) and your genes – so choose your parents wisely!
- Fat cells live for an average of ten years. Once a fat cell dies the body makes a brand new one to take its place. However, once brain cells die they are gone for good which is why as we age we may lose our memory but love handles can stay for life!
- Fat cells die at the rate of 150 per second.
- An average fat cell can only store half a millionth of a gram of fat therefore it takes 4 million fat cells to store the energy equivalent of a Tic Tac.
- Remember how important water is for your weight loss goals. It provides an internal shower that releases toxins from your body. Try to consume 100 oz a day.