Touted by many experts within the business environment as a phenomenon that is quickly sweeping the world, people more than ever before are starting or investing into a home-based business either full time or part time. This phenomenon is taking place largely because of the massive downsizing, terminations and lay-offs we are reading about or experiencing daily. Therefore, if you have been looking for a job for more than four months now, or if you’re looking for an additional stream of income to bring into your household, or if you are just looking to get out of the rat race – whether to spend more time with family and friends or to have a more balanced life, than a home-based business may be what you have been looking for.
As stated by Entrepreneur magazine, “The explosive growth of the home-based business phenomenon shows that, far from just a trend, home-based businesses have become a way of life. Old stereotypes of bon-bon eating…goof-offs are falling by the wayside as home-based entrepreneurs in every industry imaginable prove they’re equal to, and often better than, their corporate counterparts.”
Therefore, I decided to compile a top ten list as to why it pays to have a home-based business:
- Personal freedom. Did you know that according to the U.S. Federal Highway Administration, the average American spends 348 hours each year commuting. An advantage that starting a home-based business can relive you of, unless you love spending hours in traffic to and from work every day. The ability to retrieve back lost time and have newfound freedom is something that having a home-based business can provide. Plus, a home-based entrepreneur has no boss, no dress code, no set work schedule, and no office politics to maneuver. All you need is personal drive, discipline, and time-management skills.
- 100% Commissions (Profits). This is very simple to understand. The harder you work the more money you are able to make. Try that at your current job. Ask your boss if you work extra hard at your assigned workload, can you get more money. Well, as a home-based entrepreneur your earning potential is directly proportional to how well you perform. Instead of waiting for that raise or promotion, you decided when you want that raise or promotion. Plus, you’ll also save money on gas and food. Preparing lunch at home is more cost efficient and offers a nice break in your workday.
- Increased opportunity. With so many corporations and industries in a slump, starting your own home-based enterprise means you can create your own income-producing opportunities.
- Less risk. When trying to start a traditional brick and mortar business or even a franchise, it could cost literally an arm and a leg. Well when having a home-based business, the startup costs are so much lesser than those. And once your business is up and running, it’s cheaper and easier to maintain than a separate business location.
- Tax advantages. There are a number of tax advantages to having your home and office under one roof. You can deduct a part of your home’s operating and depreciation expenses on your home as business expenses. This can be a percentage of your mortgage, property taxes, insurance, utilities, and/or the expenses of household maintenance. I always recommend speaking to a tax professional or attorney regarding the advantages.
- More time for friends and family. In my opinion, this is the number one reason if any as to why having a home-based business is worth it. I personally can see my kids off to school and most of the time be home when they return. Plus, I have been to every single one of their award ceremonies and if one of them gets sick – I don’t have to ask anyone for permission to leave and go get my child.
- Less stress. When you are in charge of your day-to-day schedule and don’t have to get another’s approval for anything, I believe that it’s a less stressful being able to juggle the demands of my home-based business and family, especially when it comes to staying home to care for a sick child.
- Opportunities for professional growth. Being your own boss gives you the chance to wear a lot of hats: sales director, marketing professional, strategist, business development manager, and more. This gives you insight into and experience with all the aspects of running a business, which, in turn, makes you even more marketable.
- Personal Achievement. Now that you are in charge and have the abilities to set your own goals and business achievement, you will start to receive the recognition that you so deeply deserve. The respect of others and by others will soon start to become more noticeable.
- A creative outlet. Many times behind the counter or desk, our hands are tied when it comes to how creative we can be. As a home-based business owner, you are allowed to be as creative as you can be in producing income and reaching your personal goals.
So let me ask you, are you living to work or working to live? Are you stuck in a 9 to 5 JOB (Just Over Broke)?
Some people live simply to work… their lives revolve around earning a paycheck so that they can meet bills and get out of bed again to work the next day… and pay more bills.
Others work so that they can live. The fruits of their labor are the time, freedom and money to enjoy life outside of work.
Which group do you fall into?
If you would prefer to be in the latter group, SEACRET is your solution. We believe that hard work should provide you with the time, freedom and money you need to enjoy life and we offer you the opportunity to reach that plateau by allowing you to tap your potential.
As a full or part-time SEACRET Agent, you can:
- Earn what you’re worth
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Work from home, the boat…wherever
- Help people live better, more financially rewarding lives
Join SEACRET today to start living life the better way. Click here to Join!
4 thoughts on “10 Reasons for Starting a Home-Based Business”
Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too.
This kind of clever work and coverage! Keep up the very good works guys I’ve included you guys to my blogroll.
Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a
very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to
read more of your useful information. Thanks
for the post. I will certainly return.
After looking over a few of the articles on your blog, I truly like your technique of writing a blog. I book marked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back soon.